Securing Confidential Information
Rick Myers, Information Security Analyst II
JD Moore, Information Security Analyst I
Claudia Ortiz, Information Security Specialist
Information Security Office
Date and Time
Check the Professional Development website.
Do you work with confidential information or know someone who does? Do you want to know how Texas State University protects your information? Do you want to find out about the free resources available to help you protect the university and personal data? Are you tired of trying to remember many different passwords and would like to learn how to simplify the password dilemma? Are you concerned about your own information privacy?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions or would just like to know more about these topics, join the IT Security Team to talk about our shared responsibility to protect confidential information. This class is open to everyone and no prior experience is required.
- Best practices to help keep our information secure
- Using wireless networks
- How to stay secure when you travel
- Working securely from home
- Practical passwords
- Email and internet browser security
- Using mobile and smart devices
- Location services
- What to do if you lose your device
- Storing and sending confidential information on and off campus
- How Texas State University protects your information
- How information is classified at Texas State University (don’t miss this if you are a department head)
- How to use available resources to keep confidential information secure
- Making decisions about your information privacy
- What to do if your confidential information is compromised
Check the Professional Development Web site to register for this workshop.
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.