These settings can be accessed through by clicking Preferences..., or typing about:preferences on the address bar.
Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Deselect Remember my browsing and download history
- Deselect Remember search and form history
- Select Accept cookies from sites to enable Cookies
- Accept third-party cookies: From visited
- Keep until: I close Firefox
- Select Clear history when firefox closes
Mozilla Firefox settings - Mozilla Support
Configure Security Settings
Select the Security Tab
Verify that the following are all checked:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block dangerous and deceptive content
- Block dangerous downloads
- Warn me about unwanted and uncommon software
Uncheck Remember logins for sites
Click the Saved Logins button to open the password manager window.
- Remove any passwords that are saved in this window.
Select the Content Tab
- Verify that Block pop-up windows is selected.
Select the Advanced Tab
- Click turn on Automatic Updates. Security flaws are continuously found and patched, so it is crucial you always run the most up-to-date software: