Mobile Smart Device Security
Rick Myers, Information Security Analyst II
JD Moor, Information Security Analyst I
Claudia Ortiz, Information Security Specialist
Information Security Office
Date and Time
Check the Professional Development Web site.
Mobile devices (cell phones, tablets, laptops, PDAs, USB storage, etc.) have become the norm. These devices connect us to our email and store our data. Even with all of their positive benefits, these devices have additional risks that are greater than your average desktop computer. The IT Security team will help guide you through the following areas:
- Best practices for securing your mobile device
- What to do if you lose a mobile device
- Personal devices and the work environment - things to consider
- Methods for safely handling your mobile device(s)
- Securely connecting to university resources with your mobile device
- How to select a smart device that is security smart
Our goal is to help provide you with an improved and safer mobile computing experience.
Check the Professional Development Web site to register for this workshop .
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Mobile Device Security Presentation